Yamaha FZ Beats Honda CB Hornet & Suzuki Gixxer Combined
Yamaha FZ (including FZS) registered 16,829 units in May 2019, leaving behind both Honda CB Hornet 160R and Suzuki Gixxer combined. The former was good for 2,641 units while 3,391 units were registered by the Gixxer (both naked and faired variants combined).
Yamaha FZ is the highest selling street variant of its kind, with both Pulsar and Apache having a bigger number but a lot more variants than others. Yamaha has updated the FZ to its third generation, offering single-channel ABS and other important features that are necessary to keep up with the competition. The engine was already a great performer with approx 45 kmpl of mileage in everyday conditions.
In terms of speed, it can achieve 100 kph with ease and reach 120 kph when riding with a tucked-in position. The weight has gone up in comparison to the last gen model but due to a refined engine, the difference is not practically visible with an ideal rider.
Yamaha FZ Series Specs:
- Engine Displacement: 149cc
- No. of Cylinders: Single
- Maximum Power: 13.2 HP @ 8000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 12.8 NM @ 6000 rpm
- Fuel System: Fuel Injection
- Cooling: Air-Cooled Engine
- Gearbox: 5-Speed
- Front Brake: 282mm Single Disc
- Rear Brake: 220mm Single Disc
- Anti-Lock Braking System: 1-Channel
- Front Suspension: Telescopic Forks
- Rear Suspension: Monoshock
- Front Tyre: 100/80-17
- Rear Tyre: 140/60-R17
- Mileage: 45-50 kmpl (Approx.)
- Top Speed: 115 kmph (Approx.)