All-New Maruti Suzuki S-Presso: Things To Know So Far
The much-awaited Maruti Suzuki S-Presso hatchback is all set to be launched in Nepal in upcoming months. It's the newest small car from the Japanese carmaker and is expected to be positioned above the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 and below the new-gen Wagon R. Several pre-production test mules have already been spotted testing and we have also shared details about the variants and engine specifications of the car. In fact, the car has already started reaching some of the , and here's all you need to know about the new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso.
1. The all-new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso is based on the Future S concept car that was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, and like the concept, the production version is also heavily inspired by an SUV.
2. The upcoming S-Presso will be offered in four key variants - Standard, LXI, VXI, and VXI+, and these are furthers extended into 10 iterations based on optional trims and transmission choices. The variations include - Standard, Standard (O), LXI, LXI (O), VXI, VXI (O), VXI+, VXI AGS, VXI (O) AGS, and VXI+ AGS.
3. In terms of dimensions, the new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will measure 3665 mm in length and 1520 mm in width and a 2380 mm long wheelbase. Also, the car will come in 2 wheel sizes, 13-inch and 14-inch, and thus come with two height options as well - 1549 mm and 1564 mm respectively.
4. Compared to the Alto K10, the new S-Presso is longer and wider by 120 mm and 5 mm, respectively. The new S-Presso is also taller than the Alto K10 by 89 mm and comes with a 20 mm longer wheelbase as well.
6. Visually, the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso comes with several SUV-like styling elements, especially its face, which strangely reminds us of the Scorpio, with the U-shaped elements on the grille, flanked by chunky headlamps. The car also gets a muscular front bumper with a heavily cladded lower half. The rear also gets a similar beefy bumper with horizontal taillamps.
7. In terms of features, Maruti may consider introducing the 7-inch Smartplay studio touchscreen infotainment system in the S-Presso, like in the new Wagon R, in the top-end variant. Safety features are likely to include dual airbags, antilock braking system (ABS) + electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD) and reverse parking sensors, all as standard.
8. The Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will get the Alto K10's Bharat Stage VI (BS6) compliant 998 cc three-cylinder petrol engine that is tuned to churn out 67 bhp at 5500 rpm and 90 Nm of peak torque at 3,500 rpm. The engine will come mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and a 5-speed AGS (Auto Gear Shift) or AMT (Automated Manual Transmission Unit).
9. Upon launch, the new Maruti Suzuki S-Presso will compete with the likes of the Renault Kwid, which is also set to receive a major facelift soon.